Position Title: Senior Pastor
Position Type: Full time, on-site at the Hollidaysburg PA facility.
Position Summary: Grace Bible Church (GBC), a non-denominational evangelical congregation of Hollidaysburg Pennsylvania, is seeking a senior pastor to replace our current Senior Pastor who is retiring on June 30th of 2023. A transition period may be possible dependent on the timing of onboarding and personal preference. The senior pastor position is charged with spiritual oversight and leadership of GBC and is accountable to the congregation through the Deacons for the performance of duties.
The Senior Pastor’s Primary Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and protect the vision and mission of GBC in council with Pastoral Staff and Deacons.
- Serve as the primary preacher of the Gospel with a consistent pulpit presence in Sunday services.
- Oversee the administration of the ordinances of baptism and communion.
- Perform weddings and funerals under the guidelines of the GBC constitution and wedding policy.
- Approve all speakers and participants in the public worship services as well as any outreach ministries.
- Maintain weekly office hours, supervising all paid church staff.
- Shepherd the congregation through personal contact, visitation, and counseling.
- Preserve a regular schedule for personal Bible study and sermon preparation.
- Schedule and lead Pastor, Deacon, Trustee, Core Leader, and congregational meetings.
- Oversee finance & missions committees.
- Teach a weekly Sunday School class to connect on a more personal level.
- Lead or delegate leadership of various other ministries.
- Character: A man who exemplifies a godly character and demonstrates a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Calling: One who is called by God to minister to His church, who is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of fellow believers and helping them to become fully mature believers as well as one who exhibits a passion for the lost and in reaching non-believers with the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Commitment: A servant / leader who will both serve and lead in accordance with the expectations set forth in Ephesians 4:11-13; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13; 1 Timothy 3:1-7; 2 Timothy 4:1-5; Titus 1:6-9; Hebrews 13:17; and 1 Peter 5:1-3.
- Capabilities: Proven leadership and strategic thinking incorporating a collaborative team leadership style. Ability to develop and communicate a vision for the ministries of GBC, to inspire others, and to manage and develop staff and ministry leads to their fullest potential.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree is required, but a seminary degree preferred.
- Experience: Prefer 10 years or more experience as an associate or senior pastor.
- Ordination: One who has sat before an ordination council and is successfully ordained.
About Grace Bible Church and our Congregation:
● Church Denomination: Non-Denominational
● Church Size: 468 Members, approx. 650/Wk. on-site attendance, & significant streaming attendance.
● Church Location: 164 Laurel Ln. Hollidaysburg, PA 16648
● Weekly Services: Sun 8:30am & 10:45am, Wed 7:00PM, 13 Small Groups – various days/times.
● Ministries: AWANA, AIM, Barnabas, Children’s, Compass, Nursery, OCC, Recovery, Senior Saints, Small Groups, STARS, Students (see GBC website link below for more detail on each).
● Missions: 5 Individuals, 29 Families, 12 Local & 5 International Organizations; impact in 28 countries.
● Current Staff: Senior, Associate, Youth, and Worship Pastors, Communications Director, & Secretary (6 persons total).
More detail about Grace Bible Church is available on-line at: gbclive.org.
How to apply:
If interested in this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and a doctrinal statement (in MS Word or pdf formats) to GBC.SeniorPastorSearch@gmail.com. Please place your name in the subject line of your e-mail submission.